---
title: "How to set broadcast ip address in w5500?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13123"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13123/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Alexander"
created: "2018-11-20T07:41:26+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-11-20T08:32:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 754
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to set broadcast ip address in w5500?

## Question

Asked by Alexander on 2018-11-20 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi everyone!
I have been to this forum before, and they helped me a lot here. My device on the W5500 works great, it receives and forwards packets using UDP, but there is one problem. I do not know how to make the network chip accept packets at the broadcast address. I read datasheet, but did not understand what exactly I need to do. Did I understand correctly that I need to allow reception of broadcast packets, and open a new socket with the address 255.255.255.255? If not, help me, please. I want to, in addition to the main ip address, my device had a broadcast address.

Sincerely, Alexander.

P.S. Sorry for Google translator, I do not write or speak English.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Member 11116, 2018-11-20

Please refer to DHCP Client Source.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13123
