---
title: "Memory read protection"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13113"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13113/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "nda"
created: "2018-11-13T21:28:30+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-11-15T00:34:40+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 661
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Memory read protection

## Question

Asked by nda on 2018-11-13 in MCU & Boards.

Hello. I am using W7500P in my project. I want to lock my firmware from reading by jtag and ISP. How can i do that? There is no sufficient info.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jameskim, 2018-11-14

Hello,
You can get a document at the below link.
<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w7500:documents:appnote:isptool>

Please keep in mind that Flash Lock is available with only WIZISP.

Thank you.

James

### Reply 2 by nda, 2018-11-14 (in reply to reply 1)

ISP tool works. It sets FLOCKR0 to 0x80 00 00 0C. Can i change FLOCKR0 in programm? I want to turn memory protection in my programm. I dont need to turn it off.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13113
