---
title: "Wiznet 5500 PHYCFGR Register# Different behavior"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13074"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13074/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Hisham861219"
created: "2018-10-07T15:37:58+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-10-08T06:21:48+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 684
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiznet 5500 PHYCFGR Register# Different behavior

## Question

Asked by Hisham861219 on 2018-10-07 in Ethernet Chips.

In our Project, I am using Wiznet W5500 as client.

Behaviour, in our LAB is very different from what we are seeing onsite.

- In our **LAB set-up** , when I read back status of PHYCFGR register after Auto-negotiation, I see PHYCFGR updated with value 0xBF. This means, we have link status as “UP” and duplex set up as “FULL”.

- However, **onsite in production**, when I read back status of PHYCFGR register, I see PHYCFGR updated with value 0xBA. This means, we have link status as “DOWN” and duplex set up as “HALF”.

**Note**

- Be informed that both in our LAB and onsite, Switches are configured to operate at 1000/AUTO.

- I’ve validated situation onsite, by trying different cables, straight cable and cross over cable with no success.

Appreciate, if you really can advise here. We’ve run out of options here.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2018-10-08

Set switch port to 100/full explicitly, and see the results.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13074
