---
title: "Altera FPGA Board with W5300 - TCP or UDP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13038"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13038/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Saras015"
created: "2018-08-30T04:33:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-10-02T01:40:30+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1569
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Altera FPGA Board with W5300 - TCP or UDP

## Question

Asked by Saras015 on 2018-08-30 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,

```
 First time i am using W5300 Ethernet in my project. I am not that much strong in Coding part. No other go, i need to run my experiment through W5300. I have connected W5300 to Altera Cyclone V FPGA board. I want to make communication between Board and PC through W5300.
```

I have created simple Counter design in Altera quartus workspace. I need to run the counter data in Hercules through W5300 (Either TCP or UDP). I don`t know how to create packets [W5300 coding part]. Can anyone guide or can anyone share me the simple example design.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2018-09-10

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/s/50afbb/48.png) Saras015:

> have created simple Counter design in Altera quartus workspace. I need to run the counter data in Hercules through W5300 (Either TCP or UDP). I don`t know how to create packets [W5300 coding part]. Can anyone guide or can anyone share me the simple example design.

Hi~
Please refer as below.
This project is using the MCU and W5300.
<https://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W5300/Software/W5300_driver.zip>

thanks

### Reply 2 by Saras015, 2018-09-24 (in reply to reply 1)

Thanks for your response.

In your attachement, i am able to see only Codes. So Any example design using WIZNET 5300 For Alter Quartus will help me most.

How to interlink Tristate conduit bridge/Generic Controller with WIZNET 5300.

Currently, i am reading the counter data in NIOS using FIFO (SOPC). Now i need to read the data in PC through WIZNET 5300. Please anyone guide me

### Reply 3 by irina, 2018-10-02

Hi~ I think you want to use PC and W5300 through network , Is it right?
If is right, you should be select the network protocol(UDP or TCP).
Please refer to previous code about how to use of this protocol(loopback.c)

thanks,

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/13038
