---
title: "How to access ARP table in wiznet w5300 chip?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12969"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12969/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "hammi"
created: "2018-06-29T07:13:17+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-06-29T07:28:21+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 831
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# How to access ARP table in wiznet w5300 chip?

## Question

Asked by hammi on 2018-06-29 in Ethernet Chips.

Dear All
I am using wiznet w5300 ethernet controllers to pass treaffic from one network to another networks using switches. I intend to take MAC frames from one IP address and transfer them to another IP address therefore I need to access the ARP table of w5300 embedded ethernet controller to make sure which MAC address of connected devices belongs to which IP address. In simple words I want to access the ARP table of W5300. Is there any way I can access w5300 ARP table?

Thanking you all in advance.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2018-06-29

I am not sure, but have suspcion that WIZnet W5x00 devices do not have ARP table in them. If I am correct, you will have to use the chip in MACRAW mode manually implementing ARP table and whole MAC layer up.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12969
