---
title: "Need help to ensamble W5500"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12944"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12944/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Javier Felix Alonso"
created: "2018-06-11T21:42:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-06-18T00:36:42+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 810
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Need help to ensamble W5500

## Question

Asked by Javier Felix Alonso on 2018-06-11 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi, i am currently trying to add ethernet connection to internet to my project. I decided to use the W5500. I found good schematic documentation, but i dont know the value of R5 for the 25MHz Xtal:

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/c/c587d179dbaed0f314191e9d9d1f4647946c2831.png) image1027×823 101 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/c/c587d179dbaed0f314191e9d9d1f4647946c2831.png)

Also I read that it was simple to program. I want it to stay connected always. If anyone can help me with where to search for an example to program it I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks a lot for any help!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2018-06-18

Javier_Felix_Alonso:

> t connection to internet to my project. I decided to use the W5500. I found good schematic documentation, but i dont know the value of R5 for

Hi!
R5(0 ohm) is used when GND of Analog and Digital connected.
It is deal with one point GND.
And it is also a fuse. This is a fuse with an over-current shutdown function, although it appears to be a 0 ohm resistor.

thanks,

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12944
