---
title: "MACRAW / Promiciuous mode to sniffer Packets for different Layer 2 device"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12903"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12903/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "mani9876"
created: "2018-05-19T20:12:10+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-06-29T00:44:41+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 526
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# MACRAW / Promiciuous mode to sniffer Packets for different Layer 2 device

## Question

Asked by mani9876 on 2018-05-19 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,

as I can not find very many information about the MACRAW mode, I would like to know if it’s possible to sniffer packets, which have a different destination MAC address, than the MAC address the W5500 itself has. I would like to plug it into a mirrored port, to sniffer some specific packets.

So is this possible?

Thank you
Regards

## Replies

### Reply 1 by becky, 2018-06-29

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply
In conclusion, it is possible.
In macraw mode, w5500 receives packets without mac address filtering.
Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12903
