---
title: "W7500P equivalent RJ45 from Pulse J0011Dxxx"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12811"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12811/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Fernando Maesso Paro"
created: "2018-03-21T22:10:14+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-06-20T17:41:58+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1139
replies: 8
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500P equivalent RJ45 from Pulse J0011Dxxx

## Question

Asked by Fernando Maesso Paro on 2018-03-21 in MCU & Boards.

Hi Guys!
Its is my first post. I maked a board using W7500P following all documentation avaliable( schenmatic V1.3) and I used the Pulse J0011D01BNL (without Led). The board dont connect. I need to know if the rj45 jack is compatible with theW7500P. If not what else? Anyone can help me?

thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Edward, 2018-03-22

Hello. Fernando_Maesso_Paro

We need to your schematic.
If you don’t give schematic, We couldn’t answer.

Thank you

### Reply 2 by Fernando Maesso Paro, 2018-03-22

Hi Edward!
Attached a photo of board and schematic.

Thanks

[Schematic Prints.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=kBUJ4y1SEXX3mC6mDYy0JvD6Eco.pdf) (34,5 KB)

[![18ab91e4-75fe-49ac-a61a-60b0b43ecd08](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/30278539f94758a3f5e99dcaf1f82f19abccec33.jpg) 18ab91e4-75fe-49ac-a61a-60b0b43ecd081280×622 105 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/30278539f94758a3f5e99dcaf1f82f19abccec33.jpg)

### Reply 3 by Fernando Maesso Paro, 2018-03-22

Hi,
I forgot 3 resitors 5k1 on Led0, led1 and led3 pins. I put now. But dont work.

Thanks

### Reply 4 by Fernando Maesso Paro, 2018-03-23

It is resolved. W7500p run with J0011Dx. But, on center of TX and RX may be connected to 3V3.
Thanks

### Reply 5 by Fernando Maesso Paro, 2018-03-23

It´s not resolved. The connection is only 10M. My LAN is 100M. We return to RJ45.

### Reply 6 by Edward, 2018-05-30 (in reply to reply 5)

Hi.

Sorry. I’m check late.
Did you solve this issue?

Thank you

### Reply 7 by Fernando Maesso Paro, 2018-06-05

Hi Edward, No, I dont solved.

### Reply 8 by Mon2, 2018-06-20

Hmm. No reply to your question? We are reviewing the same controller for some OEM designs.

Review the date code of your W7500P as earlier datecodes have this 10M bug (does not support 100M):

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/b/ac91a4/48.png) [Buggy w7500p?](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/2828) [W7500x](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/internet-mcu/w7500x/19)

> Hi support, We want to use the w7500p but, I see you mention w7500p is buggy here: [url][W7100A or W7500P?](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/w7100a-or-w7500p/2711/1)] What bug(s) is it? Is it fixed? do you still recommand w7100a over w7500p?? Thanks

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/a/919ad9/48.png) [W7500P R3 chip markings](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/3691) [W7500x](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/internet-mcu/w7500x/19)

> Hi, I just ordered and received 10 W7500P chips from Mouser. We ordered these chips with the intention of receiving the R3 version, with the 100M Ethernet issue resolved. The chip marking is as follows: A725607 1720 So, the date code is 1720 (roughly May 14, 2017). I was expecting a date code of at least 1732 (Aug. 6, 2017), since the chip was released in August. Can someone from Wiznet please confirm that a date code of 1720 means this chip is R3 and not R2? Thanks, Adam

You will want the W7500P R3 version of the IC which is date code 1720+ (Year = 2017; Week 20 or higher).

Also, if you are interested in reducing your bill of materials costs for the design, you can source many valid equivalent RJ45 connectors with magnetics from companies including Link-PP in Shenzhen:

*Jason Choi-Sales Engineer*
*LINK-PP INT’L TECHNOLOGY Co., LIMITED.*
*Jia An Industrial Park, Chenjiang Town, Huizhou City, 516003, China*
*Tel: 86-752-3322917*
*Mob: 86-13434796102*
*Fax: 86-752-3161926*
*SKYPE: link-pp6*
*<http://www.link-pp.com>*

As a suggestion, consider to add ESD protection devices for any possible transients on the RJ45 connector. Good vendors for such parts are Bourns, Socay (Shenzhen), ST for such ethernet protection.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12811
