---
title: "W5500 Micro-controller Pre-programmed ?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12652"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12652/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "hiprakashp"
created: "2018-01-11T13:51:51+09:00"
last_activity: "2021-10-01T16:18:35+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 642
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 Micro-controller Pre-programmed ?

## Question

Asked by hiprakashp on 2018-01-11 in Ethernet Chips.

I bought W5500 Microcontroller and Integrated with our existing design with ST Microcontroller. But I unable to communicate with W5500 Microcontroller.

I have a clarification, This controller is Pre-Programmed ? Or we have to Program!

Please clarify!

Thanks
Prakash

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2018-01-13

Not clear what issue you have and what answer you are looking for.

W5500 provides socket-based API (also lower level MAC RAW IP). Your ST MCU must run some code to initialize W5500 and exchange information and control data with it.

### Reply 2 by hiprakashp, 2021-10-01 (in reply to reply 1)

Thanks, Sorry for Late Reply

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12652
