---
title: "WIZ110SR UDP SERVER PORT PROBLEM"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12647"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12647/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "ferhat kuzu"
created: "2018-01-09T08:21:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-06-04T01:01:17+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1236
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ110SR UDP SERVER PORT PROBLEM

## Question

Asked by ferhat kuzu on 2018-01-09 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi Good Days,

I have a lot of WIZ110SR, and I use them in Tcp / ip to Serial mode without any problems.

but I am having a problem under “Use Udp Mode”.

I want to make the UDP server port random. local port is 161 all time.

So if I get data from the any port to the PC den WIZ110SR, I want to send the data to that port.

wiznet local port = 161.

server port is 60542 ==> wiznet 161. port / wiznet 161.port ==> 60542

same time.

server port is 1528 ==> wiznet 161. port / wiznet 161.port ==> 1528

Also, Wiznet 110sr send udp packet only 1 byte , ı send on serial 10 byte packet but only udp send 1 byte to 1 byte, so wireshark mal formed packet read.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Ricky, 2018-06-04

Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

What is the firmware version of the module?

I don’t understand that socket is created with 161port.

This is the log of udp communication with v5.13 version.

![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/73fa7ce572ace27367303bb62a4a7130d819a5d8.png)

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/46c0df0abc9f6544d39761be1664efd960a7824c.png) image623×525 11.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/46c0df0abc9f6544d39761be1664efd960a7824c.png)

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b2d72f5967492a3730f56183be26eaeb374c7a18.png) image623×525 10.1 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b2d72f5967492a3730f56183be26eaeb374c7a18.png)

“Wiznet 110sr send udp packet only 1 byte …”

This can be the case when the module captures serial data and sends it to Ethernet.

To prevent this, set the option.
![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/8/86c2555ae8f6934c970a325a5295c30466126f2f.png)

[![image](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6504a15fee41d45bc271b706728a5b2a79bf39fe.png) image965×566 25.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6504a15fee41d45bc271b706728a5b2a79bf39fe.png)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12647
