---
title: "W5100, Loopback from W5100E01-AVR evaluation board, Receive data junk"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12608"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12608/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "neilbadenhorstgmail"
created: "2017-12-04T11:46:38+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-12-04T13:45:53+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 652
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5100, Loopback from W5100E01-AVR evaluation board, Receive data junk

## Question

Asked by neilbadenhorstgmail on 2017-12-04 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi, I have ported the evaluation code to my own hardware project.
The ping part is working and the device reply with the IP address given to it.
Using the loopback_tcps part of the code I am trying to get the loopback of hex bytes working.
I am using realterm (attached print screens) to send i.e. 4 hex bytes to the device from my laptop.
It loop back what looks like random junk data.
However I also send the number of bytes “len” from the code to a RS485 coms on uart and it reeds the correct length.
Any ideas ?

[![01](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d4fb3ef1a0b608f4d76aaf964de8dd1900dfde24.png) 01712×1484 91.3 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d4fb3ef1a0b608f4d76aaf964de8dd1900dfde24.png)

## Replies

### Reply 1 by neilbadenhorstgmail, 2017-12-04

No worries, found the problem…

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12608
