---
title: "WizFi250 Timeout Settings"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12592"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12592/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "GOHS"
created: "2017-11-23T16:48:44+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-12-07T11:01:52+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1275
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi250 Timeout Settings

## Question

Asked by GOHS on 2017-11-23 in Wireless.

Hello,

our company uses the WizFi250 module with the official
FW version/HW version
1.0.3.3/WizFi250 Rev 1.0

We use the “SOCKET Extension Option”
FSOCK=6,0 (no auto-reconnect) when connecting as “TCP Client Normal” with command
AT+SCON=O,TCN,,,1
and FSOCK=6,20 when activating TCP Listening Server with
AT+SCON=SO,TSN,,1

This works in the laboratory and in field tests.
But our customer assumes now that the TCP timeout is to short for establishing TCP connections from Europe to Australia. I can’t prove it, but can measure a rather short timeout on establishing TCP connection of 5 seconds.

I tried the command AT+FSOCK=1, with no success. The options 6 and 8 are clearly not what we want.
A) Is there a posibility to increase the TCP connect timout?

I also could measure a 10 second TCP timeout after sending a packet to a meanwhile disconnected server.
B) Is it possible to change this value?

Thanks!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2017-11-24

Hi, GOHS

Can I get some materials regarding your questions?

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/g/45deac/48.png) GOHS:

> I tried the command AT+FSOCK=1, with no success. The options 6 and 8 are clearly not what we want.
>
> A) Is there a posibility to increase the TCP connect timout?

→ How did you use the AT command? Did you try like this? ‘AT+FSOCK=1,15000’
If you didn’t, try like that. Or if you did like that, please attach the screenshot to check the DBG messages.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/g/45deac/48.png) GOHS:

> I also could measure a 10 second TCP timeout after sending a packet to a meanwhile disconnected server.
>
> B) Is it possible to change this value?

→ I think it is also same things. please try ‘AT+FSOCK=1,20000’ (max.20000ms)

Thanks!![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

### Reply 2 by GOHS, 2017-11-24 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi tom,
thanks for the quick reply.

I used the command like in the Wiki examples
AT+FSOCK=1,10000
and expected a 10 seconds timout, but it remained 5 seconds.

I just tried it once more as You mentioned, just in case…

… manual initialisation, then AP join …
[Link-Up Event]
IP Addr : 192.168.103.42 ← IP from DHCP
Gateway : 192.168.103.254
[OK]
at+fping=5,192.168.103.254 ← ping Gateway
Ping Reply : 40 ms
Ping Reply : 6 ms
Ping Reply : 4 ms
Ping Reply : 4 ms
Ping Reply : 5 ms
[OK]
at+fsock=?
5000,5000,5,100,0,0,0 ← settings at power on
[OK]
at+fsock=1,15000 ← chaged option 1 to 15 seconds
[OK]
AT+SCON=O,TCN,192.168.103.216,5611,1 ← connect to unavailable IP/port
[OK]
… 5 seconds …
[DISCONNECT 0]
at+fsock=?
15000,5000,5,100,0,0,0 ← option 1 ist set as wanted
[OK]

… set up listening server PC running realterm …
at+fsock=1,20000
[OK]
at+fsock=?
20000,5000,5,100,0,0,0 ← option 1 set to 20 seconds
[OK]
AT+SCON=O,TCN,192.168.103.40,5611,1

[CONNECT 0]
[OK]
… sent ‘test’ over Wizfi and received it on PC (realterm) …
… disconnected AP from LAN waited 30 seconds: as expected no change …
… sent ‘t’, then waited ca. 12 (?) seconds until …
[DISCONNECT 0]

In each case the option 1 of FSOCK seems to have no influence on the mentioned timeouts.

Hope this is what You wanted to see.

### Reply 3 by irina, 2017-11-27

Hi, GOHS ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

I misunderstood some parts.

There is no way to set a TCP timeout value.

As you know, in case of disconnected environment, there is how to reconnect every specific seconds.

- AT+FSOCK=6,20 → try to reconnect per 20s

I am sorry for this.

Thanks,

### Reply 4 by GOHS, 2017-11-27

Thanks for the info.

Would be nice if the exact timeouts would be mentioned in the WiFi250 wiki.

Greetings!

### Reply 5 by phil31, 2017-12-07

would be nice if the commands list and definitions are right describe and update !

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12592
