---
title: "WIZ550SR UDP problem"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12513"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12513/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "hmartin"
created: "2017-10-17T15:04:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-01-19T02:35:45+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 993
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550SR UDP problem

## Question

Asked by hmartin on 2017-10-17 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I am using the WIZ550SR to connect to a ethernet port my computer.The computer is running the virtual serial software VZP. The Wiznet is programmed to UDP .It seem like I first need to send something from the ethernet side for the connection to come alive.I have two computers the windows 7 computer works fine but the windows 8(tablet) computer only works if i send something using realterm and then the wiznet comes alive and I can send serial data over it.Is there and issue with windows 8 and the VZP software or am I doing something wrong.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2018-01-18

Hi, [@hmartin](https://maker.wiznet.io/u/hmartin)

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/h/d07c76/48.png) hmartin:

> issue with windows 8 and the VZP software or am I doing something wrong.

Please check the following:

**1. Please use the latest version of WIZVSP program (v1.9.x). This version supports up to Windows 10.**

- Below link will help you.

[WIZnet VSP is detected as Malware](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/3196/18) [WizVSP](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/serial-to-ethernet-module/wiz-vsp/140)

> A new version of WIZVSP has been registered that fixes malware misidentification issues. The version of the new WIZVSP program is 1.9.0, and users of WIZnet S2E products can download it via the following link. WIZVSP download link : [wizvsp.wiznet.io](http://wizvsp.wiznet.io) If you have problems downloading or using the program, please leave a post in our forum.

**2. Please check and disable your PC’s firewall and anti-virus program.**

- In the case of the problem you mentioned, it is possible that the firewall is blocking the data transfer.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12513
