---
title: "Mag Jack and PoE"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12509"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12509/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "kumme74"
created: "2017-10-13T08:15:28+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-10-15T15:27:18+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 2425
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Mag Jack and PoE

## Question

Asked by kumme74 on 2017-10-13 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi,
I will use the W5500 in a new design and a RJ45 Mag Jack for PoE

I saw in the reference designs that the center taps of the transformers are connected via 75R and 1nF to GND.

Are these relevant or do also RJ-45 connectors without the RC work?

Will these two RJ-45 connectors work with the W5500?
Pulse JXD1-0007NL <http://productfinder.pulseeng.com/products/datasheets/JXD1-0007NL.pdf>
Wuerth 7499211121A <http://katalog.we-online.de/pbs/datasheet/7499211121A.pdf>

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Klaus

## Replies

### Reply 1 by CristianM, 2017-10-14

The mag jack from Wurth works. I have used it in my design without problems.

This is the schematic I used.

[![Schematic](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/678fc23d1f9c428c557915e62e5362ced3664150.png) Schematic860×1078 16.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/678fc23d1f9c428c557915e62e5362ced3664150.png)

You can find the footprint for the mag jack on the manufacturer’s [website](http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs/WE-LAN-RJ45).

Hope it helps,
Cristian

### Reply 2 by kumme74, 2017-10-15 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi Cristian,

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Klaus

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12509
