---
title: "Startup W5300 with receiving broadcast-messages"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12507"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12507/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Wilxo"
created: "2017-10-12T08:28:21+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-10-18T07:39:48+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 639
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Startup W5300 with receiving broadcast-messages

## Question

Asked by Wilxo on 2017-10-12 in Ethernet Chips.

I have a uP with W5300. Normal this startup correct and I can communicate. Only when another module on the network send every 50ms a broadcast message to everyone. When the W5300 is turn on, it seems like to work correctly in software, all registers are set, but it can’t send messages and receive nothing. Even ping doesn’t work. When I remove the cable of the W5300, doesn’t work. Only what work is to stop the broadcast messages for a moment, then the W5300 work and can start the broadcast again. What can I do about this?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Wilxo, 2017-10-18

I solve the problem. The W5300 was force to Half-duplex. The Operation Mode was on “Manual selection of 10 BASE-T HD”, this is 111. In auto-mode it is working.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12507
