---
title: "Registers of FCTRLR, FACCR, FCTRLR for programming of flash memory"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12479"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12479/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Ilya"
created: "2017-09-19T07:41:26+09:00"
last_activity: "2024-11-18T21:12:40+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1187
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Registers of FCTRLR, FACCR, FCTRLR for programming of flash memory

## Question

Asked by Ilya on 2017-09-19 in MCU & Boards.

Hello! How can I learn a number of the bit of SER in the register FCTRLR, and also a number of the bits of SZ in the register FACCR and a number of the bits of WR and WRI in the register FCTRLR??? The similar subject was already created here. But the description of the necessary registers was absent there.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jim, 2017-10-12

Dear Ilya

Maybe you saw the following topic.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/a/d26b3c/48.png) [W7500 flash memory interface registers](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/topic/2126) [W7500x](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/internet-mcu/w7500x/19)

> Hi, Section 9.2.1 in the W7500 manual describes the addresses of the flash registers, but there are no details on the bit arrangement in FACCR, FACTRLR and FSTATR. Would it be possible to get this information?

We didn’t open documents of flash memory registers because you cannot handle that in firmware level.
You have to use IAP to control flash memory in W7500x chip.

[github.com](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500P/tree/master/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/Flash/IAP_Example)

### <https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500P/tree/master/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/Flash/IAP_Example>

[//github.com/Wiznet/W7500P/tree/master/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/Flash/IAP_Example](https://github.com/Wiznet/W7500P/tree/master/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/Flash/IAP_Example)

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by Ilya, 2017-10-12 (in reply to reply 1)

I use Assembly code, so I have to know the numbers os bits in the register FACCR, FACTRLR and FSTATR. You may understand, that if I use Assembly, I cannot use the IAP libraries. And in the manual there is no description of IAP function. How can I use IAP function for write to flash-memory from program (!), but not simply from external source (for example SPI).

### Reply 3 by Ilya, 2017-10-13 (in reply to reply 1)

Hello! We managed to write flash memory through Assembly code with help of the IAP functions. Thanks for your advice.
Best regards!

### Reply 4 by barcaluti, 2024-11-18 (in reply to reply 1)

And what about the flash protection registers? Can this be managed with IAP? How can I setup flash protection via FLOCK0 and FLOCK1?

Regards,

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12479
