---
title: "WIZ550SR to Android"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12399"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12399/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "jakennedy"
created: "2017-07-27T17:35:59+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-08-29T03:59:41+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 754
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550SR to Android

## Question

Asked by jakennedy on 2017-07-27 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Is there any driver, or are there any plans to develop a driver, for an Android platform to support the WIZ550SR module?

I’m presently developing a Windows based program using the Virtual Serial Port driver, which by the way works great. I’d also like to develop an Android program to connect to the same WIZ550SR as well.

I do see an app for the WIZ110SR in the Google store, but this looks to be just for the Wiz100SR and just for setup.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Kei, 2017-08-01

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/j/a88e4f/48.png) jakennedy:

> Is there any driver, or are there any plans to develop a driver, for an Android platform to support the WIZ550SR module?

No, there is nothing officially planned.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/j/a88e4f/48.png) jakennedy:

> I do see an app for the WIZ110SR in the Google store, but this looks to be just for the Wiz100SR and just for setup.

I’ve never seen it before. It is not officially made by our company.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/j/a88e4f/48.png) jakennedy:

> I’d also like to develop an Android program to connect to the same WIZ550SR as well.

If you want to develop an Android application, you can develop it with our ConfigTool protocol and message format.

Please refer to [our Github repo.](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZnet_Configuration_Tool) for reference code & command manual.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12399
