---
title: "Project with a Wiz550io"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12384"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12384/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "Vermu"
created: "2017-07-20T15:03:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-07-26T13:30:10+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 2057
replies: 9
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Project with a Wiz550io

## Question

Asked by Vermu on 2017-07-20 in IO Modules.

Hello,

I will use a Wiz550io in a project and I have some questions since I’m quite new with it and with Ethernet in general.

If my wiz550io is powered (and RSTn is high), I can directly ping it with a pc if my pc got an IP adress in the same network, right? (192.168.1.XXX) ? (theoretically)

I got a board with SPI communication, it provides the clock and everything.

What do I have to configure if i want the simpliest way to send datas using the Wiz550io/ethernet to read it with a computer ? (like “sniffing” ethernet port of my computer ? Using UDP or TCP? If so, what do I have to configure…)

Does someone can help me with that or redirect me to some help?

Thanks in advance and sorry for possible broken english.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jim, 2017-07-21

Dear Vermu

I think you can test WIZ550io with Arduino platform easily.
Please refer to the following link.

[Wiz550io , Arduino due , Mysql_connector (arduino ide)](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/Wiz550io-Arduino-due-Mysqlconnector-arduino-ide/3348/5) [WIZ550io](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/network-module/wiz550io/32)

> Unfortunately I don’t have Arduino DUE. So I will explain for Arduino UNO. First of all, prepare Arduino UNO and WIZ550io module. Connect Arduino UNO and WIZ550io module like below. Arduino UNO pin&lt;->WIZ55io pin 3.3V&lt;->3V3D GND&lt;->GND 13&lt;->SCLK 12&lt;->MISO 11&lt;->MOSI 10&lt;->SCSn RESET&lt;->RSTn [\[image\]](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/344aed34bd674ccd734b57bbd9c30b1d70451dd9.jpg) I recommand to use ioShield-A. [\[image\]](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/46758cffca9fabb566f76eb7cf28b4756e27364d.jpg) Execute Arduino IDE. Select Arduino IDE Menubar->Sketch->Include Library->Mange Libraries… Search Ethernet2 library by string. Install Ethernet2 l…

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by Vermu, 2017-07-21

I don’t have any arduino, isn’t it possible with a PC?

### Reply 3 by jim, 2017-07-24 (in reply to reply 2)

WIZ550io is not for PC.
If you want to connect with PC, please the following product.
WIZ550S2E-232-EVB

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d98f912b4c6decce553f937ac8c6a18ec2ca8a65.png) [(주)위즈네트](http://wiznetshop.co.kr)

### [위즈네트 쇼핑몰 / WIZnet Online Mall](http://wiznetshop.co.kr)

위즈네트에서 운영하는 위즈네트 공식 온라인 쇼핑몰 입니다. 위즈네트에서 제조/생산하는 모든 제품을 구매할 수 있습니다.

<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550s2e:start>

WIZ550SR-EVB

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/d/d98f912b4c6decce553f937ac8c6a18ec2ca8a65.png) [(주)위즈네트](http://wiznetshop.co.kr)

### [위즈네트 쇼핑몰 / WIZnet Online Mall](http://wiznetshop.co.kr)

위즈네트에서 운영하는 위즈네트 공식 온라인 쇼핑몰 입니다. 위즈네트에서 제조/생산하는 모든 제품을 구매할 수 있습니다.

<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550sr:start>

Thanks.

### Reply 4 by Vermu, 2017-07-24 (in reply to reply 2)

Hum, I don’t want to connect the SPI with the PC, just the Ethernet, it’s impossible?

### Reply 5 by jim, 2017-07-24

If you have only WIZ550io, you cannot use Ethernet.
You must have the platform or MCU board like Arduino UNO.

`PC1<USB>Arduino UNO<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2`
Or
`MCU Host<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC1`
Or
`PC1<RS-232C>WIZ550S2E-232-EVB<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2`

Thanks.

### Reply 6 by Vermu, 2017-07-24

As i said in my first post : “I got a board with SPI communication, it provides the clock and everything.”

It’s a custom board with a FPGA on it, I aim to use a microblaze or picoblaze on it

### Reply 7 by jim, 2017-07-25

Actually, I don’t know a microblaze or picoblaze.
When I search that, I found there is the bus interface. (I don’t know if I’m right.)
If you want to use the bus interface instead of SPI, refer to W5300 chip.

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/e/eec02a54ecdbed12bb63b98501dac9381c7686df.png) [wiznet.io](https://www.wiznet.io/product-item/w5300/)

### [W5300 | WIZnet Co., Ltd.](https://www.wiznet.io/product-item/w5300/)

W5300 is a Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller that enables easier internet connection

Thanks.

### Reply 8 by Vermu, 2017-07-25

Picoblaze and microblaze are softcores of Xilinx. You can use SPI on it (xilinx provide a code they developped where the FPGA is an SPI slave but you can make it a SPI master)

### Reply 9 by Vermu, 2017-07-26

Hello,

I just have a question for the clock i’m generating, it’ll be faster if it’s a yes, if it’s a no, the SPI will be just a bit slower.

Does the clock the SPI master provide has to be 50% duty cycle? I’m doing it with a picoblaze and it’s quite easy to generate a SPI clock where duty cycle &lt;50% but the low and high state are both > 6ns (like the SPI datasheet of the W5500 suggest)

(I’m not working from scratch and the code which was provided by xilinx to make a SPI master for a flash memory is making a clock but not 50% duty cycle)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12384
