---
title: "Wiz550io , Arduino due , Mysql_connector (arduino ide)"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12378"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12378/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "IO Modules"
author: "asetyde"
created: "2017-07-18T06:34:46+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-11-03T21:25:26+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 7508
replies: 33
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiz550io , Arduino due , Mysql_connector (arduino ide)

## Question

Asked by asetyde on 2017-07-18 in IO Modules.

Hi ,

We want use Wiz550io as hem board on our system for domotics , but we are blocked on connection bug between Arduino due with wiz550io and mysql connector (I cc also him) . For us this module is useful for macaddress stored inside despite enj8260 is more simple and work but not too fast and not have macaddress.

I’ve tried with embeddeist library and wiznet official library but something no work and we are not able to find bug, if you can help us we are interested to use and buy a lot od this board , if not we must change to enj8260

Greetings
Ref :

[github.com/embeddist/WIZ_Ethernet_Library-IDE1.6.x](https://github.com/embeddist/WIZ_Ethernet_Library-IDE1.6.x/issues/3)

#### [ARDUINO DUE + Wiz550io+Mysql_connector issue](https://github.com/embeddist/WIZ_Ethernet_Library-IDE1.6.x/issues/3)

opened 01:05PM - 17 Jul 17 UTC

[![asetyde](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6dc454bd6b7aec9c017c1ce0c54e5eec9abe9f26.jpeg) asetyde](https://github.com/asetyde)

https://github.com/ChuckBell/MySQL_Connector_Arduino/issues/17 I’ve proble…m using Wiznet modify ethernet library for Wiz550io, all same code work on esp and Arduino w5100 standard library , but on this board DUE and with this library not , I never see an error code , only cannot connect as you can see it. Also with DUE and EJ82.. it works. Someone can try with this library and mysql connect , ti can be found on arduino library manager

[github.com/ChuckBell/MySQL_Connector_Arduino](https://github.com/ChuckBell/MySQL_Connector_Arduino/issues/17)

#### [No connection on Arduino Due and Wiznet550io](https://github.com/ChuckBell/MySQL_Connector_Arduino/issues/17)

opened 10:18AM - 08 Jun 17 UTC

closed 01:17PM - 08 Nov 17 UTC

[![asetyde](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/6dc454bd6b7aec9c017c1ce0c54e5eec9abe9f26.jpeg) asetyde](https://github.com/asetyde)

I’ve problem using Wiznet modify ethernet library for Wiz550io, all same code wo…rk on esp and Arduino , but on this board and with this library not , I never see an error code , only cannot connect as you can see it Something to debug ? ![schermata 2017-06-01 alle 20 11 16](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/6162152/26924029-52106078-4c44-11e7-8c80-e1da0d660c1f.png) I can't debug because error is on connect function , I suspect something miss in ethernet wiz modificate library ![schermata 2017-06-08 alle 12 07 29](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/6162152/26924134-cd30ff06-4c44-11e7-8fa0-6071e57bd728.png) If someone can help me , or try to test it , I use ide 1.6.5 and last realese of this connector I tag Wiznet library contributor because isn't possibile create an issue @arjenhiemstra @jbkim @wardweistra @per1234

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jim, 2017-07-18

Dear asetyde

I have a few question for investigation.
Which version do you use as Arduino IDE?
Do you use ioShield-A or WIZ550io only?
<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=osh:ioshield-a:start>

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by asetyde, 2017-07-18 (in reply to reply 1)

Hi , thanks for fast reply.

I 've tried many library , official wiznet to embeddeist , my version of IDE is last 1.8.3 , and I use with mysql connector library that you can find on library manager of ide,

Module is Wiz550io ethernet module <http://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz550io/>

### Reply 3 by asetyde, 2017-07-18

Arduino DUE is linked as :

(I take it but wire is this , we use our custom PCB )

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b9f37d7a0424e82b3772996cf4b37d062a2875b5.jpg) 1541×692 245 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/b9f37d7a0424e82b3772996cf4b37d062a2875b5.jpg)

### Reply 4 by jim, 2017-07-19 (in reply to reply 3)

Unfortunately I don’t have Arduino DUE.
So I will explain for Arduino UNO.

First of all, prepare Arduino UNO and WIZ550io module.
Connect Arduino UNO and WIZ550io module like below.
Arduino UNO pin&lt;->WIZ55io pin
3.3V&lt;->3V3D
GND&lt;->GND
13&lt;->SCLK
12&lt;->MISO
11&lt;->MOSI
10&lt;->SCSn
RESET&lt;->RSTn

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/344aed34bd674ccd734b57bbd9c30b1d70451dd9.jpg) 4032×3024 1.65 MB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/344aed34bd674ccd734b57bbd9c30b1d70451dd9.jpg)

I recommand to use ioShield-A.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/46758cffca9fabb566f76eb7cf28b4756e27364d.jpg) 4032×3024 1.84 MB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/46758cffca9fabb566f76eb7cf28b4756e27364d.jpg)

Execute Arduino IDE.
Select Arduino IDE Menubar->Sketch->Include Library->Mange Libraries…
Search Ethernet2 library by string.
Install Ethernet2 library.

Find w5500.h, w5500.cpp
Windows OS
C:\Users\your username\Documents\Adruino\libraries\Ethernet2\utility
Linux
/home/your username/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet2/src/utility/

Insert the following code in w5500.h

> …
> #define WIZ550io_WITH_MACADDRESS
> …

Insert the following code in w5500.cpp

> …
> #if !defined(WIZ550io_WITH_MACADDRESS)
> w5500.swReset();
> *#endif*
> …

For example, you can modify Ethernet.begin function of WebServer code without mac parameter.
Compile and upload by Arduino IDE.
Please refer to the attached file.
[WebServer.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=1iYcmvjp1HFvhp9aq6F9yezNpAq.zip) (1.4 KB)

Thanks.

### Reply 5 by asetyde, 2017-08-11

Ok but you can try with mysql library ? this is problem , you can install from Arduino ice library

### Reply 6 by jim, 2017-08-16

Mysql is not our support scope.
But I have tested that in curiosity.

You have to use &lt;Ethernet2.h> instead of &lt;Ethernet.h> in MySQL_Packet.h

> //#include &lt;Ethernet.h>
> #include &lt;Ethernet2.h>

Refer to the test result and file.

> Connecting…
> Connected to server version 5.5.57-0+deb8u1
> Disconnected.

[Mysql.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=ztr4KAacpL4tOxv2gad60N7ua38.zip) (1.2 KB)

Thanks.

### Reply 7 by asetyde, 2017-08-17

I will try again

### Reply 8 by asetyde, 2017-09-08

If you not try with Arduino DUE it’s not a true test ![23](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/7efb76c2c5033605160e934366a71e2c563e4e75.png)

### Reply 9 by asetyde, 2017-09-08

It’s big problem for me , please can you help me

### Reply 10 by asetyde, 2017-09-08

ARDUINO DUE in not assimilate to Arduino uno , there are some issue also with Ethernet2 library , we want use your module but it’s not possibile if not work with Arduino due and this mysql library , first order can be 100 pieces to up , please take a Arduino due and help us

### Reply 11 by asetyde, 2017-09-11

I can send you a Arduino due , we must begin from this , and produce many pieces .
I’ve tried with w5100 shield and Arduino ethernet standard library and all go , problem is , I think between Arduino sam and w5500 core , all in ethernet library.
Need to be updated

### Reply 12 by jim, 2017-09-12 (in reply to reply 11)

Ethernet2 library already is used in WizArduino(ATSAMD21G18).
If you can send an Arduino Due to me, please refer to the following WIZnet HQ address.
<http://www.wiznet.io/about/contact-us/>

I will investigate after receiving a target.
Thanks.

### Reply 13 by asetyde, 2017-09-12

Hi , thank you so much for reply , we need a full working library to work good. We use UDP and mysql connector together and at now ump work so so , mysql no . I send you in private message tracking id of shipment and link with pack test software .
We send to you a sample of our product , composed from Arduino due , zeus board , wiz550io . Thanks and we wait

### Reply 14 by jim, 2017-09-15

Hi

I receivied your target board.
I have tested after code modification.
It works fine.
I upload my test images and code.

Thanks.

[![20170914_163951](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/60a076d60a89f7f7559c31c89eeae6d5a1c18d59.jpg) 20170914_1639514032×3024 2.09 MB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/60a076d60a89f7f7559c31c89eeae6d5a1c18d59.jpg)

[![packwiz](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9bd78bd125564115132c97a34005dad23b73b685.jpg) packwiz858×952 259 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/9/9bd78bd125564115132c97a34005dad23b73b685.jpg)

[![packwiz_2](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/516ccf4859ba77400e8270530bc2cf604dbdf680.jpg) packwiz_2876×483 80.7 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/5/516ccf4859ba77400e8270530bc2cf604dbdf680.jpg)

[test_mysql_wiz.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=tCymisgjmBve03GlKaJSg7IJyH0.zip) (1.9 KB)

### Reply 15 by asetyde, 2017-09-15 (in reply to reply 14)

Can you can give your library ?
How do you print Mac address ? ( I want take to my code to put on database )

### Reply 16 by jim, 2017-09-15

I attached library files.
Thanks.

[Ethernet2.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=fC2crtPfyxCTR2p7oVKAectL5jH.zip) (62.3 KB)
[MySQL_Connector_Arduino.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=1pK4JBuglJcCvgmsQDTmeFj1VMm.zip) (409.2 KB)

### Reply 17 by asetyde, 2017-09-15

At now work very fast and perfect , your library is quite different to ethernet2 I think . Thanks so much
Please , wizen can collaborate with ours to create a unique pub model ? is possible , use address given in private message .Thanks Jim

### Reply 18 by aix150, 2017-09-17

**Arduino UNO + W5500, ethernet2 libs**
Instruction Works

[![2017-09-17 (2)](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/70acc023c5a8f7937363061cd6a9140a98346fe7.png) 2017-09-17 (2)1920×1080 282 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/70acc023c5a8f7937363061cd6a9140a98346fe7.png)

Thank you!

### Reply 19 by jim, 2017-09-17 (in reply to reply 17)

Congratulations about working well.
If you need a business inquiry, please contact to sales@wiznet.io
Thanks.

### Reply 20 by asetyde, 2017-09-20

About this library , UDP , si not so stable , after some message sometimes crash , do you have some tips , or trick to receive udp , also 24 UDP packet , is bad few limit

### Reply 21 by asetyde, 2017-09-21

It’s seems not all working perfect , also connection of database and udp has some problems. UDP seems blocked after some messages or after database loading and putting . I think is bad thing use ethernet 2 adafruit , it’s not update , we can not a simple conversion of Arduino ethernet library ? We are safe driver is correctly done of w5500 ? about buffer etc

### Reply 22 by asetyde, 2017-09-21

it seems for example , after loading or putting of mysql connector , udp port not working , after cut power yes , can be wiz not reset ?

### Reply 23 by asetyde, 2017-09-21

i’ve test many times , seems board not reset correctly after … udp not work after a software reboot with wdt. If driver not reset correctly board ?

### Reply 24 by asetyde, 2017-09-21

Some DUE correction on Arduino main library w5100 seems not improved on ethernet2 w5500 , why ?

[github.com/arduino/Arduino](https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/21141513e2db3bbf8d78631c1f6197e03b73faad#diff-ea6c2e6782cf898c6153f6602fcdf6d2)

#### [Ethernet: fixed regression for SAM (Arduino Due)](https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/21141513e2db3bbf8d78631c1f6197e03b73faad)

committed 05:33PM - 05 Nov 15 UTC

[![cmaglie](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/bcd7de1ed0700f20bf267bd0ace8080976298500.png) cmaglie](https://github.com/cmaglie)

[+19 -19](https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/21141513e2db3bbf8d78631c1f6197e03b73faad)

Fix https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/4072

### Reply 25 by jim, 2017-09-22 (in reply to reply 24)

First, I checked UDP with UDPSendReceiveString Example.
It works fine. I think there is a problem in your code.

Second, Ethernet2 library through Arduino IDE isn’t made by WIZnet. If you have any inquiry about that, you must to contact to Arduino.
I just used Arduino Ethernet2 library for your convenience.

Please refer to the official WIZnet site below.

![](https://github.githubassets.com/favicons/favicon.svg) [GitHub](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ_Ethernet_Library)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/4/4de620f4f4502f6f4c7b33aeb6013e6d6df3c098.png)

### [GitHub - Wiznet/WIZ_Ethernet_Library: WIZnet Ethernet Library](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ_Ethernet_Library)

WIZnet Ethernet Library. Contribute to Wiznet/WIZ_Ethernet_Library development by creating an account on GitHub.

Thanks.

### Reply 26 by asetyde, 2017-09-22

Hi , one problem is resolved , I see this issue after softReset , after yesterday I see wizen note on wiki about HW and SW reset and issues can be generated … we implemented a hw reset and all work.

About your wiznet library , I used at first but mysql connector not work 2 month ago , also this library seems not upgraded as Arduino standard library Ethernet , can be expose library to many issues . It’s work in your test ? it can be managed and fuse with actual standard library ?

We need as stable safe driver , I can’t jump to other every time , If we can do a good work we can use it . We are waiting to order wiznet board , to complete test , thanks for your help !

### Reply 27 by connaissant, 2017-10-30

Dear Jim, could you explain, what are the changes for Arduino Mega adk with Wiz550io?

### Reply 28 by jim, 2017-10-30

Dear connaissant

Think of it as similar to Arduino.
Please refer to the W5500 library fix at the top.

Thanks.

Find w5500.h, w5500.cpp in Ethernet2 library.
Windows OS
C:\Users\your username\Documents\Adruino\libraries\Ethernet2\utility
Linux
/home/your username/Arduino/libraries/Ethernet2/src/utility/

Insert the following code in w5500.h

> …
> #define WIZ550io_WITH_MACADDRESS
> …

Insert the following code in w5500.cpp

> …
> #if !defined(WIZ550io_WITH_MACADDRESS)
> w5500.swReset();
> #endif
> …

### Reply 29 by connaissant, 2017-10-31

Thanks for the answer.
Should I change the lines in ethernet2.h? (for mega)
EthernetClass() { _dhcp = NULL; w5500_cspin = 53; }
void init(uint8_t _cspin = 53) { w5500_cspin = _cspin; }

in w5500h:
public:
void init(uint8_t ss_pin = 53);
uint8_t readVersion(void);

or I must explicitly specify in the sketch
void setup()
{ pinMode(53, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(53, HIGH);
Serial.begin(9600);

…}

### Reply 30 by connaissant, 2017-11-02

Jim, help me please. The server runs for about 10 seconds and then stops working. I did everything according to the instructions. What could have been the cause? Look at the my previous post please. Kind regards, connaissant.

### Reply 31 by jim, 2017-11-02

If you upload whole source code, I will check.
Thanks.

### Reply 32 by connaissant, 2017-11-02

When I download a sketch for the first time, everything is fine, in the subsequent times putty writes “server is at 0.0.0.0 or 40.40.40.40”
Thank you.
[for Jim.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=xTxRMQ2xHNTupewkcue7Ox7Mhtx.zip) (67.0 KB)

### Reply 33 by jim, 2017-11-03

I used your WebServer application and ArduinoMega+WIZ550io+ioShield-A.
I didn’t find any problem.
I upload my Ethernet2 library.
If the problem persists, please check the connection of H/W.

Thanks.

[Ethernet2.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=5p1sbB45JrOkHlJYhDnNBei4chA.zip) (62.3 KB)

[![connection](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2260bfe109d862e73b25d1c6804d7b6efb71c86c.jpg) connection2138×2851 2.54 MB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2260bfe109d862e73b25d1c6804d7b6efb71c86c.jpg)

[![result](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/70f20eaa73a3baa4bd06bedf35c1b80dc984b911.jpg) result1740×954 365 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/70f20eaa73a3baa4bd06bedf35c1b80dc984b911.jpg)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12378
