---
title: "tcp receive interrupt"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12352"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12352/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "digitig21"
created: "2017-06-30T10:11:30+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-07-03T05:29:15+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 720
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# tcp receive interrupt

## Question

Asked by digitig21 on 2017-06-30 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,
my W7500p is configured as TCP client. The TCP server will sometimes send notifications and I want to ensure that the client does not miss these notifications.
I thought maybe I could poll the Socket Reveived Size register (Sn_RX_RSR). If data was received (Sn_RX_RSR >0), I would then call the socket receive function.
Is this the “best” way to do it or are there other possibilities? Is there for example a possibility to trigger an interrupt when the TOE RX buffer is loaded with data?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Kei, 2017-07-03

Hi,

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/d/958977/48.png) digitig21:

> Is there for example a possibility to trigger an interrupt when the TOE RX buffer is loaded with data?

There is no example using interrupts.

But, If you use Sn_IR and Sn_IMR, it is possible. (Refer to [W7500P Reference Manual](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=products:w7500p:w7500p_rm_v103.pdf) p.65~)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12352
