---
title: "wiz550s2e Not Responding"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12299"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12299/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "tcontrada"
created: "2017-05-22T15:01:09+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-23T01:17:49+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 828
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# wiz550s2e Not Responding

## Question

Asked by tcontrada on 2017-05-22 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I just got the module above and connected it via USB-UART 3.3v.

I have the serial port set for 115200 baud and auto LF after CR.

When I enter +++ I get the following [W,0] [S,0]

If I enter AT I get no response from the device.

Is there anything else I need to do?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by tcontrada, 2017-05-22

I was using Putty and then switched to TeraTerm. With TeraTerm it appears working. Not sure why Putty was not. I thought I had the configuration correct…

### Reply 2 by Kei, 2017-05-23 (in reply to reply 1)

Well … I think that some of your putty settings might have affected it.

Below is the screen I tested.
For carriage return and line feed, I used Ctrl+M, Ctrl+J, respectively. (And the Enter key is required to enter it because of the Local line editing feature)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/340f9035757a283136411d2eb674ed31d68f29df.png)

![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2cbbf79f2191882e4035d721a1f22cb857dae137.png)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12299
