---
title: "WizFi310 EVKit network scan and join"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12288"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12288/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "djdjdjole"
created: "2017-05-16T16:13:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-18T00:46:58+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1100
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi310 EVKit network scan and join

## Question

Asked by djdjdjole on 2017-05-16 in Wireless.

My first contact with EVK for Wiznet310 and few questions arose. Module shows (while scanning) two wireless networks, while my laptop (few centimeters away) shows 5 of them. Interestingly one of those the module shows doesn’t appear at laptop list. This should be first unusual matter.
Next, I successfully joined the network that only module finds, with DHCP enabled. Then I red the address assigned to module and afterwards try to ping itself but it expressed timeout (the same happened when I tried pinging assigned gateway).
I forgot to say that I am working exclusively by the help of terminal program (Hercules).

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2017-05-17

Dear djdjdjjole

Would you mind to attach a screenshot or picture that make us understand a current situation?
Then, we will try to figure out what is problem quickly.

Regards,

Tom

### Reply 2 by djdjdjole, 2017-05-17

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3d984c4f06538291ea743a6a79d6de947f747889.png) 702×768 23.1 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/3/3d984c4f06538291ea743a6a79d6de947f747889.png)

I hope I successfully attached an image. Here, I want to add that I soon found that pinging 192.168.1.1 works, and 192.168.1.186 does not.
I intentionally erased the first command after reset (echo suppress) in order for picture to have enough place to show communication strings.

Regards

### Reply 3 by djdjdjole, 2017-05-17

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/710cd9d8b525ca0395063743b5a6dea11b1e6450.png) 702×748 23 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/7/710cd9d8b525ca0395063743b5a6dea11b1e6450.png)

I noticed my error- didn’t read the lines that say AT+WJOIN=? doesn’t return actual info (but rather from memory). Then I suppose my IP is 192.168.1.186. However it doesn’t reply to ping request. It seems that 192.168.1.186 is not my IP address, but I don’t know what it represents in string response. In that case how can I learn it (IP address) ?

Regards

### Reply 4 by djdjdjole, 2017-05-17

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/28cceb7daf81022b6567df755e221802be144727.png) 973×694 30.1 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/28cceb7daf81022b6567df755e221802be144727.png)

And I forgot to send screenshot of scanning process - module vs laptop.

Regards
PS I was informed that I should consider replying in one post. However don’t know whether I can attach few pictures in one post, so I did it this way.

### Reply 5 by cliff, 2017-05-18 (in reply to reply 4)

Hello,

If signal’s power is weak, it won’t be search.

&lt; AT+FPING >

First, you should check the firmware version.
You can check and download a latest version in following.
<http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi310:wizfi310firmware:start>

Second, you should disable to firewall related with ping.

And then try it again.

Thanks, regards.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12288
