---
title: "Header Pinouts on WIZ110SR?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12283"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12283/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "tcontrada"
created: "2017-05-12T15:01:04+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-15T01:53:46+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 804
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Header Pinouts on WIZ110SR?

## Question

Asked by tcontrada on 2017-05-12 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I notice there are 5 header pins on the top of the board. Is there a reference to these pins?

This board has a built-in RS-232 port, but I just want access to the UART TX,RX pins. Are these available on the PCB? Are they available on that 5 pin header?

Thanks…

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Kei, 2017-05-15

Hello.

5 header pins are JTAG pin.
Therefore, it is difficult to use UART TX, RX pins directly.

If you are in the process of selecting products, we recommend the following products.

---

- with RJ45 on Board & available RS-232
  [WIZ550S2E](http://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz550s2/)
  [WIZ107SR](http://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz107sr)

And I personally recommend a series of 550 or more with hardware and software resources open.

Please refer to [wizwiki](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=start) for products with open hardware and software documentation.

### Reply 2 by Edward, 2017-05-15

Hi.

You just want access to the UART tx,rx signal??

if so I recommend WIZ100SR. It is use same MCU and PHY with wiz110sr.

If you want use UART TX, RX in wiz110sr, you must be soldering in RS232 chip & wire.

It is not recommend. So, I wish you use wiz100sr or other modules…

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12283
