---
title: "WIZ125SR how to differentiate the two UART"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12282"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12282/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "mat"
created: "2017-05-12T08:24:36+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-15T01:26:27+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 894
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ125SR how to differentiate the two UART

## Question

Asked by mat on 2017-05-12 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello everyone !

I’m using an WIZ125SR to interfacing my computer with RS232 devices. I send the command through TCP with the computer, the WIZ125SR convert it into RS232, send it to the device, and I receive the response by the reverse path. My problem is: I do I differentiate the two UARTs ? Because when the connection begin with the computer, the sockets are ok, I can send data through the two sockets, but I don’t know to who I send the command ! And my two RS232 device are not the same. When I configure the wiznet with the tool given by wiznet, I set the port and address of each device, the IP address is the same, no choice, but the port not. And that is what I want. But when I check the two sockets, the two port are random at every new connection.

Thank you for your help by advance !

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2017-05-15

Hi Mat,

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/m/e9c0ed/48.png) mat:

> I set the port and address of each device, the IP address is the same, no choice, but the port not. And that is what I want. But when I check the two sockets, the two port are random at every new connection.

In general, for products supporting multiple UARTs such as WIZ120 / 125SR, it is possible to distinguish by setting different port numbers for each UART.

If the UART has different port numbers but the data seems to be mixed, try performing a firmware update. The latest firmware of WIZ125SR is v1.4.

<http://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz125sr/>

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12282
