---
title: "At commands"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12155"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12155/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "soellicha"
created: "2017-02-18T18:45:42+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:50+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 831
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# At commands

## Question

Asked by soellicha on 2017-02-18 in Wireless.

Hello

I have a few questions ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12)

1. Can I send AT commands to wizfi250 without having a PC? If yes, in which mode the wizfi has to be set? Ap, station, OTA? UDP, TCP? port number?

2. Can I control GPIO pins via data mode?

3. Can I have IF statements? For example : " if GPIO pin 1 = high THEN make GPIO pin 6 LOW"

4. If the wizfi is running in data mode and there is a communication between android and wizfi+MCU via UART, can the wizfi read the status of GPIO pins and send it through UART to the android or MCU?

Thank you,
Best Regards
Andreas

## Replies

### Reply 1 by cliff, 2017-02-20

Hello,

WizFi250 is wifi-module.
So, WizFi250’s role is connect and configure AP.

1. Can I send AT commands to wizfi250 without having a PC? If yes, in which mode the wizfi has to be set? Ap, station, OTA? UDP, TCP? port number?
   → I don’t know what is your question exactly.
   But, do you want to know that is possible control from MCU? If it so, yes.

2. Can I control GPIO pins via data mode?
   → It also possible, but I think that is related question with MCU.

3. Can I have IF statements? For example : " if GPIO pin 1 = high THEN make GPIO pin 6 LOW"
   → Yes, it is possible.

4. If the wizfi is running in data mode and there is a communication between android and wizfi+MCU via UART, can the wizfi read the status of GPIO pins and send it through UART to the android or MCU?
   → Yes, it is possible.

Thanks, regards

### Reply 2 by soellicha, 2017-02-22

Hello,

1. Yes, I need to send AT commands from MCU to the wizfi.

2. So far I have connected the MCU to wizfi, I receive the message from wizfi “wizfi 250 version 1.0” So it means that they are communicating quite well.

> But the problem is when I send data over my phone which is connected to the wizfi I do not get them to MCU nor when I send data from MCU I do not see them on my phone! Maybe wizfi is not running at the UART interface? Is on SPI?

1. NOW in order to send AT commands to wizfi should I do any other configuration on the wizfi? Should I change the mode that is working?
   Because as far as i know if I send data from MCU to wizfi they just go as data and go through the UART and end up to the peer device such a smart phone. HOW do I send the data as AT commands?

Note: I cannot connect the wizfi to a telnet/serial like putty with my PC, in order to send any other At commands.

Can you help please?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12155
