---
title: "WizFi210-EVAL Board using USB"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12001"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12001/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "WizUser"
created: "2016-11-01T15:23:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:17+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 784
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WizFi210-EVAL Board using USB

## Question

Asked by WizUser on 2016-11-01 in Wireless.

Hi everyone,
I’m experiencing some trouble trying to handle the WizFi210-EVAL board… I don’t know whether it is a port malfunction, or something I’m missing about configuration… The case is I had to “resurrect” and old PC just to use its DB9 RS232 port and Hyperterminal. I was wondering, do you use USB instead of RS232 with a USB-232 converter? If so, which one? I have had bad experiences with USB to 232 converters… none of them seemed to work! So if you are using one with this board, please let me know. Also I would like to know about an alternative to Windows Hyperterminal, that seems to have been eliminated from windows distributions since Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by cliff, 2016-11-02

Hello,

Nowadays, I usually use kw-825 from Netmate for test.
And I recommend Hercules instead of Hyperterminal to you.

Thanks.

### Reply 2 by WizUser, 2016-11-02

I’ll try the cable and Hercules.

Thank you Cliff.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/12001
