---
title: "Compatible PHY with W3150A+"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11986"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11986/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "AlexP"
created: "2016-10-24T09:33:28+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:15+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 827
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Compatible PHY with W3150A+

## Question

Asked by AlexP on 2016-10-24 in MCU & Boards.

Hello,

I would like to know if broadreach PHY (single twisted pair) which communicate with simple MII are compatible with W3150A+
PHYs that use broadreach are either TJA1100 or BCM89810.

NXP TJA1100 has the following pinout
RXC
RXER
RXDV
RXD[3:0]
TXEN
TXD[3:0]
TXER
TXC

I’m not sure about RXER et TXER special pins and TJA internal register configuration

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Edward, 2016-10-28

Hi.

I think you need to test.

RXER and TXER is error detection function.

So, i think… It is possible without RXER, TXER pin.

We are not connect RXER, TXER pin.

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11986
