---
title: "W5500 and STM32F030 Combo"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11968"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11968/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "ColdKeyboard"
created: "2016-10-13T18:35:12+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:11+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 970
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 and STM32F030 Combo

## Question

Asked by ColdKeyboard on 2016-10-13 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello!

I’m trying to make STM32F030 communicate with W5500 chip. I’ve tried using the libraries from the github provided by wiznet but with no success.

Can someone suggest a library(ies) that I can use with STM32F030 to make a simple DHCP client that will obtain the IP from the router and send broadcast packets to the Ethernet.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Edward, 2016-10-14

Hi.

W5500 and MCU communication is using SPI.

And ioLibrary is all have.(DHCP, DNS …etc)

And refer to WIZ550web code. below link.

[github.com/Wiznet/WIZ550web](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ550web)

It is STM32F103RCT6 + W5500 module code.

And you checking W5500_Init() function. (below code)

```
reg_wizchip_cs_cbfunc(wizchip_select, wizchip_deselect);
reg_wizchip_spi_cbfunc(wizchip_read, wizchip_write);
```

It two line code is activating ioLibrary.

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11968
