---
title: "Resolve internet address and connect to that webserver"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11966"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11966/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "gossamer"
created: "2016-10-13T08:50:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:11+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 667
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Resolve internet address and connect to that webserver

## Question

Asked by gossamer on 2016-10-13 in Ethernet Chips.

How do I resolve the address for example: [www.google.com](http://www.google.com) from w5100 and convert it to IP to which I can make TCP connection ?
Is that even possible when socket accept only destination IP address.

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by gossamer, 2016-10-13

I guess this would be my answer: [ietf.org/rfc/rfc1035.txt](https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1035.txt)
I need to implement DNS client to send request to DNS port 53 with name of server and get response as an IP address… ![:frowning:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/frowning.png?v=12)
I kinda hopped it would be implemented on uC level ![:wink:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/wink.png?v=12)

### Reply 2 by Eugeny, 2016-10-13

You go here [url][http://www.wiznet.co.kr/product-item/w5100/\[/url\]](http://www.wiznet.co.kr/product-item/w5100/%5B/url%5D), scroll down the page, and download archive with application notes how to implement DHCP, DNS and other stuff.

### Reply 3 by gossamer, 2016-10-13

Thanks Eugeny. Thats more or less digestible version of RFC ![:slight_smile:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/slight_smile.png?v=12) just the important part, package definition

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11966
