---
title: "W7500p - How can I set DHCP with a hostname?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11931"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11931/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Bekro"
created: "2016-09-13T08:09:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:04+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 1208
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500p - How can I set DHCP with a hostname?

## Question

Asked by Bekro on 2016-09-13 in MCU & Boards.

Hi,
I’m doing my first steps with a WIZwiki-W7500p-board and a HTTP-Server-demo in DHCP-mode. The device is running. I’d like to call the device in the network by name. But I’ve found nothing in the ethernet-settings.
Where can I set a hostname?

Thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Wisse, 2016-09-15

Hi,

If you search for DCHP_HOST_NAME in the dhcp.h file, you can enter your own hostname.
In the dhcp.c file they create a array called HOST_NAME where the define is stalled. This array is used to fill the hostname (and i believe some unique chars) in all the packages.
Good luck!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11931
