---
title: "Question about 'cable link'"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11930"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11930/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "bkjung"
created: "2016-09-13T03:55:18+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:04+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 631
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Question about 'cable link'

## Question

Asked by bkjung on 2016-09-13 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,
My system is ‘DSP-W5300’.
And if lan cable is linked, I can see the LINKLED is ON.

I can’t find that information on datasheet.
W5300 Register has linked status field?

If there is no cable linked status register, below circuit is possible?
------> LED
/
DSP(GPIO pin) &lt;-------------------------W5300(LINKLED pin)
regards.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2016-09-13

I do not think it is a good solution, because link LED may blink when activity is present. It may not be “steady on” and not serve as reliable continuous indicator that cable is in the jack. To my knowledge, link status starts with W5500 in its PHYCFG register.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11930
