---
title: "Read value of control and status registers is 0x00"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11814"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11814/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "alexander111122"
created: "2016-04-22T11:28:46+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:43+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 618
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Read value of control and status registers is 0x00

## Question

Asked by alexander111122 on 2016-04-22 in Ethernet Chips.

Read value of control and status registers such as MR, Sn_MR, Sn_CR, Sn_SR are 0x00. Though I wrote some values into them. Registers like SIPR, GAR and TX_buffer registers return the correct value that I have put inside them.
Maybe anybody have faced the same problem?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jameskim, 2016-04-22

You must be sure your MCU can communicate with W5500 via SPI interface.

Please check some point like below.

1. pin connections of SPI interface

2. whether you choose a proper clock for SPI

3. Measure SPI signals if you have oscilloscope.

4. etc.

javakys

### Reply 2 by alexander111122, 2016-04-22

Thanks for the reply, but I think you have misunderstood me. I read SIPR GAR, etc very well -So SPI interface is working!
I cannot read MR, Sn_SR - that’s the problem.

### Reply 3 by Coccoliso, 2016-04-25

Hi,
May be a reset problem.
Have set properly tx/rx buffer after the reset routine?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11814
