---
title: "W7500(p) rtc"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11813"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11813/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "Wisse"
created: "2016-04-21T07:50:13+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:39:11+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 951
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W7500(p) rtc

## Question

Asked by Wisse on 2016-04-21 in MCU & Boards.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any information about the use of the RTC.
I can’t find anything about the RTC (except for mentioning twice) or register in both the datasheet and ref manual from the W7500 W7500P.

Thanks in advance!

## Replies

### Reply 1 by alflex, 2016-05-13

would love to get an update on this too

### Reply 2 by alflex, 2016-05-23

I found that the reference schematic ( [wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … c_v110.pdf](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=products:w7500p:ref_sch:w7500p_ref_schematic_v110.pdf) ) shows pin 59/60 as XT32IN / XT32OUT. in other places these pins are listed as N/C.

### Reply 3 by Wisse, 2016-05-25

In the schematics from the WIZwiki-W7500P they say the RTC is not used. ([url][http://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=products:wizwiki_w7500p:wizwiki-w7500p_sch_v1.0.pdf\[/url\]](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=products:wizwiki_w7500p:wizwiki-w7500p_sch_v1.0.pdf%5B/url%5D))

Inspecting the board shows the crystal is placed and connected to the pins X32IN/OUT.

### Reply 4 by Wisse, 2016-10-14

From WIZnet:
Unfortunately, RTC function doesn’t work so that we got rid of it from the data sheet.
I guess some statement still remains in data sheet.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11813
