---
title: "Setting RX memory size"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11801"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11801/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "RPM"
created: "2016-04-16T18:03:52+09:00"
last_activity: "2018-02-01T08:34:23+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 939
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Setting RX memory size

## Question

Asked by RPM on 2016-04-16 in Ethernet Chips.

I am having some issues setting the RX memory sizes.
When I try to increase the Sn_RXMEM_SIZE from 2K to 4K on socket 0 I am experiencing corrupted data received from that socket.

Do I need to be setting the Sn_RXMEM_SIZE registers for all sockets so that the sum of Sn_RXMEM_SIZE of all sockets totals 16KB, or am I missing something?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2016-04-16

Datasheet for W5200 explains it well in Sn_RXMEM_SIZE and Sn_TXMEM_SIZE sections. Base (gSn_RX_BASE) remains the same as socket is #0, but mask (Sn_RX_MASK) will change from 0x7ff to 0xfff. All pointer registers remain 16-bit.

### Reply 2 by RPM, 2016-04-18

Got it working. Thanks!

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11801
