---
title: "UART2 register definition not found in documentation"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11765"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11765/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "MCU & Boards"
author: "oetelaar"
created: "2016-03-30T16:23:05+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:41+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 572
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# UART2 register definition not found in documentation

## Question

Asked by oetelaar on 2016-03-30 in MCU & Boards.

I am trying to figure out how UART2 works, but the manual does not have info on UART2.
I can find references to UART0 and UART1, and 1 mention of an interrupt for UART2 but no registers for this “simple serial port”

Where is the information for UART2? I checked DS and RM.
I can see the mapping starts here 0x4000_6000 but no more info…
Regards,
Edwin van den Oetelaar

## Replies

### Reply 1 by lawrence, 2016-04-20

Hello, oetelaar

Thank you for your interests with W7500.

As you found, we do not have UART2 documents… but we have a plan.

Only the information of UART2 is in firmware… W7500x.h and W7500x_uart.h

We call UART2 simple_uart.

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/eb4817b0db119ba6c07065f707e27727fe952d2b.png) 671×581 33.2 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/eb4817b0db119ba6c07065f707e27727fe952d2b.png)

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/6dd26b1d977145444b36cef3192389d9d281d02c.png) 845×600 36.4 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/6dd26b1d977145444b36cef3192389d9d281d02c.png)

Please refer the functions and structure.

Sorry about that… when the documents updated, i will let all users know it

thank you

lawrence

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11765
