---
title: "Invalid value sn_ssr register"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11761"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11761/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "luigisitael1"
created: "2016-03-29T08:36:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:32+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 653
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Invalid value sn_ssr register

## Question

Asked by luigisitael1 on 2016-03-29 in Ethernet Chips.

Hi, I have a question about a TCP connection between two WIZNET W5300 chips.
When I force a connection close during a send operation, the sn_ssr(x) register returns the value 0x10 or 0x11 on the next reconnection.

This value is not present in the W5300 datasheet (sn_ssr register table).

Can you help me?

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Eugeny, 2016-03-29

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/l/ecc23a/48.png) luigisitael1:

> When I force a connection close during a send operation

Do you forcefully close connection performing DISCON command first, and then CLOSE connection and reopen socket from the very beginning next time (with OPEN) command?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11761
