---
title: "The Almighty WIZ VSP driver"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11723"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11723/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "Hanspeter"
created: "2016-03-08T10:25:06+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:25+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 817
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# The Almighty WIZ VSP driver

## Question

Asked by Hanspeter on 2016-03-08 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello All,

As an implementor of WIZ108SR, I automatically expected
to receive instructions to a URL to download WIZ VSP or at
least in my mail when I sent a request to james.kim@wiznet.eu…
as I having been purchasing these modules in the UK.

A temporal work-a-round was to download a free VSP from
[url][HW VSP3 - Virtual Serial Port | HW-group.com](http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download%5B/url%5D)
so my clients can connect to WIZ108SR’s. Of cause windows hyperteminal can
connect to remote WIS108SR over the LAN/WAN.

Why is obtaining an WIZ VSP for WIS108SR is such shrouded in secrecy and perhaps
unnecessary delays?

I have been using Xport from Lantronix over the years and one can easly download a VSP
for it’s products.

I cann’t understand why it’s such a fuss when it comes to WIZNET serial products.

Cheers,
Hanspeter Baer.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11723
