---
title: "Linux driver error"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11698"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11698/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "Aleksis"
created: "2016-02-26T10:58:42+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:22+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 687
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Linux driver error

## Question

Asked by Aleksis on 2016-02-26 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello!
I have some problem with W5300 driver for linux, My linux kernel version 3.8
Firstly, I had some problems with device tree, line compatible = “wiznet, w5300”, because the driver didnt begin to start. After that I add some line as “compatible = …” etc at the driver and it become to starting.
After that I write the dts file, specify all timing parameters, interrupt parent (gpio3), but the driver was fail at the line ret = request_irq(irq, w5300_interrupt, IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW, name, ndev); (the starting of linux stopped with a lot of errors). I try to change this line to
ret = request_irq(irq, w5300_interrupt, 0, name, ndev); and driver become to works, but with some errors (transmit timeout, etc). The linux see the w5300, but it dont work (dont pinging)
Can anyone help me?

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11698
