---
title: "RX is 5volt tolerant?"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11657"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11657/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "robiz"
created: "2016-02-10T14:41:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:18+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 835
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# RX is 5volt tolerant?

## Question

Asked by robiz on 2016-02-10 in Wireless.

Do you know if module’s RX input pin is 5 volt tolerant?
Thanks.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Edward, 2016-02-11

Hi…

What using module?

And please tell me detail description.

Thank you

### Reply 2 by robiz, 2016-02-11

It’s WizFi250, as this forum.

Rx is received from a processor powered with 5V. All works correctly, but… will be damaged?

### Reply 3 by Edward, 2016-02-11

Hi.

Possible.

refer to below URL and you see ‘I/O port characteristics’ tap.

You check VIL & VIH. It is 5V tolernat description.

[wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … 50ds:start](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250ds:start)

Thank you

### Reply 4 by robiz, 2016-02-12

I red it, in brief it reports that some i/o pins are 5 volts tolerant but there is not specified which ones.

### Reply 5 by Edward, 2016-02-19

Hi…

What is mean? “I red it, in brief it reports that some i/o pins are 5 volts tolerant but there is not specified which ones.”

I don’t understand.

You want develop for schematic ?

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11657
