---
title: "Unable to enter Data Mode with UDP socket"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11655"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11655/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "robiz"
created: "2016-02-10T10:13:07+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:15+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 774
replies: 3
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Unable to enter Data Mode with UDP socket

## Question

Asked by robiz on 2016-02-10 in Wireless.

Hi guys.

Network correctly joined, opening socket with command:

`at+scon=SO,USN,,,8888,1 [CONNECT 0] [OK]`

…ok, works, I receive UDP packet from remote:

```
{0,192.168.37.55,56950,68}myRemoteUdpData;
```

…but I am still in Command Mode.
Performing command AT+SDATA returns error: [ERROR: Mode Status].

What’s wrong?!
Thanks.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by wizdaniel, 2016-02-15

hi

which firmware version did you use?

UDP data mode was operated normally when I tried the F/W 1.0.3.3 official version.
but upper version firmware didn’t operate a data mode in UDP.
Thank you for found the bug.

This bug will be fixed.

### Reply 2 by robiz, 2016-02-15

v1.0.3.3 is bugged

If I set it with webserver works fine, after reset UDP connection is automatically connected.

If I do it manually, does not work:

AT+SCON=SO,USN,8888,1
AT+MPROF=S

…reset…

join WiFi but still it command mode, without socket connected automatically:
AT+SCON=?
SO,USN,0.0.0.0,0,8888,1
[OK]

Socket is present but not connected; AT+SDATA does not work.

The only way is to redo all:
…reset…
AT+SMGMT=ALL &lt;&lt;–necessary
AT+SCON=SO,USN,8888,1
…now socket is connected and in data mode.

In brief, an UDP profile stored as SO,USN do not restarts automatically after reset.

### Reply 3 by robiz, 2016-02-15

The same problem if WiFi connection is lost and restored: the socket is not reconnected automatically.

Again, if I configure it with module’s webserver, works fine restoring connection automatically.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11655
