---
title: "WIZ105SR HW_Trigger"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11629"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11629/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "samvjt"
created: "2016-01-27T21:44:01+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:38:08+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 770
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ105SR HW_Trigger

## Question

Asked by samvjt on 2016-01-27 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hello,

I am testing with our unit and WIZ105SR. This module is working good with our unit. however, my question is why HW_trigger is always high. The hw_trigger should have two status in different condition. How to use this pin properly? I also what to know the function of reset, thanks

## Replies

### Reply 1 by jim, 2016-01-28

Dear samvjt

/HW_TRIGGER pin is for Input. If you have a “Test Board for WIZ105SR”, you can enter the serial command mode by /HW_TRIGGER switch control.
Refer to User Manual.
[url][http://old.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/library/Download_View.asp?PK_Num=809&page=1&SF_Part=&SF_KeyWord=\[/url\]](http://old.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/library/Download_View.asp?PK_Num=809&page=1&SF_Part=&SF_KeyWord=%5B/url%5D)

What does the function of reset mean?
You can use /RESET HW pin.(Input)
If you mean SW reset, you can use Serial command.
But I have found a problem in command. I will investigate that.

Thanks.
![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/1X/eabd306c8dcc9d911142aafdd3353ff69af8cec6.jpg)

### Reply 2 by jim, 2016-01-28

Serial command issue was a side effect.
I fixed the problem.
Refer to attached file.

FW version will be update.

Thanks.
[wiz105sr_0513_test_20160128.zip](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=3R5BhM6G9a55TGUJlxizbS0noZD.zip) (19.6 KB)

### Reply 3 by samvjt, 2016-01-28

Hello Jim,

Thank you for helping me. However, i dont have the WIZ105SR-EVB for test. I only test with WIZ105SR. I try to connect both RS-232 and this module same time by connecting Tx and Rx. Unfortunately, it only allow me connect one at a time. so I am trying to figure out the HW_trigger should be a enable or disable button for the module to break the connection.

### Reply 4 by samvjt, 2016-01-28

The hardware trigger i am talking about is in WIZ105SR(pin 8)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11629
