---
title: "Wiz140sr & rs485"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11504"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11504/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "wlasante"
created: "2015-12-07T20:18:46+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:37:43+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 848
replies: 4
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wiz140sr & rs485

## Question

Asked by wlasante on 2015-12-07 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I was wondering if anyone has used the 140SR to control a half duplex RS-485 bus? I’d like to have both RS-232 & RS-485 ports.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by Edward, 2015-12-07

WIZ140SR is TTL level. So if you want RS232 & RS485, you need create base board.
there is WIZ550web + web base board. It is supports RS232 & RS485.
you want cost down ? if so WIZ550S2E(there is RS232 version & RS485 version), WIZ107SR(RS232) , WIZ108SR(RS485/422).

Thank you

### Reply 2 by wlasante, 2015-12-08

Thank you Edward.
I realize the WIZ140SR is TTL. What I was wondering was if it supports turning on and off the Driver enable pin that would be required for a half duplex RS-485 bus.

As for the other products, I need four ports total, three RS232 & one RSf85, so that’s why I was looking at the WIZ140SR

### Reply 3 by jameskim, 2015-12-09

Hello wlasante,

Yes, you can use WIZ140SR for RS485.
It has capability to drive RS485 transceiver and is “RTS Only” amongst options of Flow Control.

Thank you.
BR,

javakys

### Reply 4 by wlasante, 2015-12-09

Great! thanks

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11504
