---
title: "AT+WA Time to connect to AP"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11336"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11336/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "bannoura"
created: "2015-09-29T07:21:40+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:37:02+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 724
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# AT+WA Time to connect to AP

## Question

Asked by bannoura on 2015-09-29 in Wireless.

Dear All,

i have connectect WIZFI220 to a MCU and it works perfect. However, I have a problem with the time the WIZFI chip needed to connect to the AP. After issuing the command AT+WA=testAP; I have to wait at least 20 seconds.

1. How can I reduce the 20 seeconds waiting connection to less than 10 seconds?

2. Is the problem related to the Firmware of the WIZFI?

Any suggestions, it would be a great assist to me.

Thank you for your support.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by wizdaniel, 2015-09-29

Hi

would you like to tell AT command list you used to me.

Thanks

### Reply 2 by bannoura, 2015-10-06

Is there any problem in the firmware of the WIZFI. Is there any documentation about the timing of the chip.

Im using SPI to communicate with the chip. So I reset the CHIP and then I wait around 1 second then sends an AT Command to initialize the chip. The next commands that I used AT+WD, ATC1, AT+ NDHCP=1, AT+WWPA=.

Then I connect AT+ WA=TEST

The Problem is that the the timing of powering the chip until the connection is more than 15 seconds and I need to know if it is possible to reduce it less than 10. I believe the problem is in the Firmware of the WIZFI.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11336
