---
title: "WIZ550web Configuration tool does not work"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11268"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11268/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "DaveOLW"
created: "2015-09-05T20:50:12+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:44+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 811
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550web Configuration tool does not work

## Question

Asked by DaveOLW on 2015-09-05 in General.

The Configuration tool does not work, all the items are greyed out so you cannot select them. Can you tell me how to solve this?
You can set some configuration via the web page but is limited, you cannot set a Password for settings or connection, or set the Port.

David.

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2015-09-09

Hi David.
The following informations will help you.

![](https://avatars.discourse-cdn.com/v4/letter/d/cab0a1/48.png) [Config tool 1.0.2 problem](https://forum.wiznet.io/t/config-tool-1-0-2-problem/1958/1) [WIZ550web](https://maker.wiznet.io/c/application-module/wiz550web/35)

> Hi. I recently received 2 wiz550web boards. I’m trying to configure the boards using the config tool 1.0.2 but cant set the port number. In fact the only thing I seem to be able to do successfully is set the IP address of the unit and the gateway. All the other fields are ‘greyed out’ and wont let me enter any values. I’m running win8.1 and Java V8 update 60. WIZ550web firmware is 1.0.1 thanks.

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11268
