---
title: "WIZ550web - disabling digital I/O status storage"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11222"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11222/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "bachus"
created: "2015-08-10T21:21:00+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:34+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 645
replies: 2
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ550web - disabling digital I/O status storage

## Question

Asked by bachus on 2015-08-10 in General.

Hi, Eric and team. I’m excited about your product - WIZ550WEB. However, I have some questions for further decision on usage in my application. I found the following explanation in one of your comments: “Other digital I/O’s status (‘Digital I/Os’ on the webpage) is stored when every changes occurred.” My questions: 1. Is it possible to disable storage of digital I/O status anyhow (in Firmware)? I want to restart always at a defined state after reset or power-up, independantly on the settings done before. Background of question: I want to apply the WIZ550web in an automated test environment with a lot of digital output state changes. Every setting will degrade life time of flash or eeprom cell, if every state changed is stored in it. Disabling eeprom/flash storage increases lifetime. If disabling state storage is not possible, what is maximum write cycle numbers of flash/eeprom cells? If flash/eeprom cell reaches maximum life time/write cycles and is seen as defect, what will/might happen? The system does not work anymore at all? Only data retention is not garanteed anymore and the system will work without getting last stored state at reset/power up. Thanks in advance for answering. bachus

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2015-08-10

Hi, bachus. It’s possible to disable saving I/O status. It can be implemented by modifying the firmware. Please commented out the I/O status save function in below listed functions at userHandler.c file. [Path] src/PlatformHandler/userHandler.c [The name of I/O status save function] write_IOstorage(&IOdata, sizeof(IOdata)); (commented out this code line) [Function list] set_digital_io_output(); set_digital_io_alias(); set_digital_io_direction(); set_diodir(); set_diostate(); set_dioalias(); Our WIZ550web module adopted the STM32F MCU. It’s minimal 10000 write cycles for internal flash memory of STM32F types. Thanks.

### Reply 2 by bachus, 2015-08-11

Hi Eric,

thanks a lot. I will try to disable as you described.

Regards
Torsten

Hi Eric and team,

I have implemented and tested it successfully. I want to thank you again.

Best regards
Torsten

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11222
