---
title: "Wizfi250 communication"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11215"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11215/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Wireless"
author: "soellicha"
created: "2015-08-07T11:10:27+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:35+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 571
replies: 1
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Wizfi250 communication

## Question

Asked by soellicha on 2015-08-07 in Wireless.

Hello,

I have the wizfi250 board and I want to connect it with an android via TCP client or server application.

1. When I connect the wizfi250 through USB cable to a PC and then use putty, I can send AT commands to the module and RECEIVE an answer as “ok”
   BUT

2. When I have the module connected as AP , when I try to connect to it with the android, then the app seems to be connected with the module but when I send the command “AT” I do not get an answer! Will the module give me an answer when connected like that or not? What I have to do in order to speak to it and know that is listening?

3. I try to send AT+FGPIO= 1, 5 in order to have 5Volts at general port #5 but it does not work. Is this the way to activate the general I/O pins?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Andreas Achilleos

## Replies

### Reply 1 by wizdaniel, 2015-08-13

Hi soellicha.

Q: When I have the module connected as AP , when I try to connect to it with the android, then the app seems to be connected with the module but when I send the command “AT” I do not get an answer! Will the module give me an answer when connected like that or not? What I have to do in order to speak to it and know that is listening?

[quote]A: When you send the command “AT” at the APP, you can’t get an answer. The App(TCP Clinet) just sent “AT” as a DATA, not an AT Command for module control.
If you want to control the module at the APP(TCP Client), you have to use the command “AT+MAIRCMD”. Please refer to the following link.
[url][http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#air_command_mode_-_wizfi250aircmd\[/url\]\[/quote\]](http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#air_command_mode_-_wizfi250aircmd%5B/url%5D%5B/quote%5D)

[quote]1. The “AT” was sent by APP(TCP Client).

[![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/63136c630bcdc623a8896a5e09b2e77e5047ac4b.png) 450×800 63.9 KB](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/6/63136c630bcdc623a8896a5e09b2e77e5047ac4b.png)

1. A WizFi250(APmode TCP Server) can receive “AT” as a data.
   ![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/b/babe4ab9140871feaf1c53cb1ee089d8ad3bb3be.png)
   [/quote]

Q: I try to send AT+FGPIO= 1, 5 in order to have 5Volts at general port #5 but it does not work. Is this the way to activate the general I/O pins?

[quote]A: There is the way to activate the general I/O pins.
AT+FGPIO=1,5,1 &lt;&lt; it means that a GPIO 5 set to HIGH
AT+FGPIO=1,5,0 &lt;&lt; it means that a GPIO 5 set to LOW
First option: to set GPIO value.
Second option: GPIO number
Third option: 1=HIGH, 0=LOW

Please refer to the following connections.
I recommend using 3.3V instead of 5V
[/quote]

[quote]
![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2391530781e9a1195fd3188983d5d7f7f7cc2192.png)
![](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum_uploads/wiznet/original/2X/2/2d97cafc70be0e7a686832b20991b038417baa5b.png)[/quote]

Thanks.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11215
