---
title: "Back to back serial"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11211"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11211/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "depenz"
created: "2015-08-05T01:09:47+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:32+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 481
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Back to back serial

## Question

Asked by depenz on 2015-08-05 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

Hi, I have two WIZ107SR that I hope to connect back to back. I.e. I want to use a serial connection to bridge two ethernet networks together. Assuming this can be done, can anyone give me the settings for the WIZnet devices. On the remote ethernet network, there is a device with ip number 192.168.20.9 (although this can easily be changed), and I’d like to connect to it (i.e. ping it) from the local ethernet network across the wiznet/serial link. Many thanks for any help, and please feel free to ask any questions to clarify the physical configuration, or anything else.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11211
