---
title: "W5500 and CC3200 SPI"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11131"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11131/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Ethernet Chips"
author: "SecretSPI"
created: "2015-06-24T17:35:12+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:10+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 709
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# W5500 and CC3200 SPI

## Question

Asked by SecretSPI on 2015-06-24 in Ethernet Chips.

Hello,

I am new to using SPI and I am trying to connect the CC3200 as the master. For now I am just trying to establish basic connectivity and get the W5500 to ping via the Ethernet cable. How can I go about doing this? I haven’t been able to find any example code online for this. From what example code I have seen for the CC3200, I have been able to send data to the wiznet, but I am unable to get a reply from the w5500 about if it was received, and I don’t know how to go about sending data from the wiznet back to the CC3200.

Thank you

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11131
