---
title: "WIZ100SR magnetic interface"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11126"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11126/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool"
author: "DBruceMacDonald"
created: "2015-06-23T00:40:14+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:06+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 501
replies: 0
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# WIZ100SR magnetic interface

## Question

Asked by DBruceMacDonald on 2015-06-23 in Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool.

I am using the WIZ100SR for the first time. I have a circuit design that was going to use a Microchip LAN chip as the network interface but I am having trouble with that, so I turned to Wiznet products due to their claim of easy network interfacing. My board has a POE input, with a POE power supply that works fine. The circuitry also has transformers and passive components to connect the TX+, TX-, RX+, and RX- lines of the network, with the design being given me by the POE chip designers, so presumably it is correct. But when I connect the WIZ100SR to it the configuration tool (WIZ100SR/105SR/110SR Configuration Tool 3.0.2) cannot see the module. I also noticed that my switch does not indicate a connection, although it does work when I plug it into a WIZ550S2 (I have tested the cable and connection and it is fine). So is there something wrong with my circuit design, or is it something else?
[SCH.pdf](https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/legacyFile.asp?path=fRgfcKo6CnFBeghzKIYvLkbDNoc.pdf) (504 KB)

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11126
