---
title: "Password for Web access"
url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11078"
markdown_url: "https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11078/md"
type: "Forum topic"
category: "General"
author: "Orko"
created: "2015-05-31T04:14:58+09:00"
last_activity: "2017-05-04T08:36:50+09:00"
language: "en"
views: 853
replies: 5
source: "WIZnet Makers forum (https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/)"
---

# Password for Web access

## Question

Asked by Orko on 2015-05-31 in General.

Hi, I recently bought WIZ550web Baseboard .
I want to know if it is possible to put a password for access through the web ?

Orko :ugeek:

## Replies

### Reply 1 by irina, 2015-06-01

WIZnet does not provide additional Login webpage and features for WIZ550web product.
If this function is required, you can Implement directly.

Regards,
Eric.

### Reply 2 by Orko, 2015-06-02

Thanks for your reply.
Please could expand more details about your comment:

“If this function is required, you can Implement directly.”

As it could be implemented directly?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Orko ![:nerd:](https://emoji.discourse-cdn.com/twitter/nerd.png?v=12)

### Reply 3 by irina, 2015-06-04

I’m sorry for making you confused.
‘Directly’ means ‘yourself’.
The WIZ550web source code firmware projects and Webpage file is open source.
You can find our code in gitHub repository, [github.com/Wiznet/WIZ550web](https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ550web)

### Reply 4 by mmn71, 2015-09-15

[quote=“Orko”]Hi, I recently bought WIZ550web Baseboard .
I want to know if it is possible to put a password for access through the web ?

Orko :ugeek:[/quote]

I also agree with Orco, for safety reasons it is necessary to modify the firmware for the possibility of including the password on the Web.

### Reply 5 by irina, 2015-09-17

Thank you for good feedback.
we will to review whether adding the login function.

---

Source: https://maker.wiznet.io/forum/11078
